POWER.. oh and TECH 21

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by flea claypool, Aug 24, 2004.

1. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    K.. people in the know i really want to buy a tech 21 landmark 300 head and a b410 cab.. :hyper: :hyper:
    it will be pushin out 300watts
    is that enough power to play pubs and stuff?

plus what are these heads and cabs like
    i was told the landmark heads are fantastic :confused:

Thank you
  2. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I haven't seriously price shopped for any of the Landmark amps, but the prices I HAVE seen listed seem kinda high....

Especially, when you consider you can buy an RBI for $300, & a QSC RMX850 for $300... Then, if you don't have enough power, you can always upgrade.
  3. TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA

300W should pull off a pub... and people say the Landmark heads are nice. However.... The RBI/QSC route is cheap as well... and would give you a boatload of headroom. :)

Some of it would depend on your cab's impedance. I'm gonna assume you have a 4ohm cab. If so... you'd get 830W out of the RMX850. You wouldnt be anywhere near pushing that amp too hard.. and you'd be ready for bigger situations. Or... you could run stereo and be at 300W for your smaller gigs... or 2 cabs.

If you have an 8ohm cab, you can run bridged @ 600W. You'd probably be set for power either way. :)
  4. cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    The Landmark 300 is great! Big tones, growling or clean, for funk, reggae, pop or rock! :bassist:

The price comparisons with an RBI/QSC don't add up because the Landmark has both and RBI and an RPM in it. Therefore you should be comparing the prices of an RBI, RPM and 300 watt Power Amp against the price of the Landmark. With this comparison I think you'll find the Landmark is VERY competitively priced!! :hyper:

I have a Landmark with two 8 ohm cabs (therefore running at 4 ohms) and it is PLENTY loud for pubs and clubs. Any larger and you would likely be running into the PA anyway. If you should need to expand any further you could just add a QSC from the PreAmp out and the volumeworld is your oyster! :D

I got one recently and can thoroughly recommend it!!

Oh, and their customer service is superb. They generally answer e-mails within 24 hours and are more than helpful on the telephone... :)
  5. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Ah... Interesting... sounds like I need to do a little more research regarding what the RPM can do... Personally, being married w/ 4 kids, being able to buy the units individually makes it a little more affordable... ie, my wife is more willing to sign off on a 2-300 dollars here & there... however, if I say I need 1k to buy a rig, she'd eat MY eyeballs out,,, as someone else so eloquently put it... I think Wilby.
  6. megiddo

Apr 5, 2003
    Houston, Texas

I think I married her sister! :D
  7. TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    lol :D .... :siigh...: you poor old guys :p I like being young... and I like being able to do what I want. Wife and Kids?? Gray hair? I sure hope not :spit:... judging by the amount if freedom you guys currently have.

I didnt know the landmark was so diverse! With that in mind... maybe you should just go with that, and add power to it, if you ever needed it.

Enjoy the tones ;)