Power Outage Update

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DarkMazda, Aug 15, 2003.

1. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    If anyone here is in the tri-state area, I'm sure that they have experienced the tragic black out that occured yesterday. We didn't have power until around 12AM EST (The blackout occured at around 4:15PM). Anyone else got their power back? I'm glad that the power did come back in our area :)

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well if they haven't, they won't be able to reply!! ;)
  3. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    well thats true :) but we CAN get replies from people that have possibly gotten their power back :)

4. the good:

the bad:
  5. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Yeah, I was supposed to do the final mixdown of our cd last night, but we had no power in the studio. Oh well, hopefully it will be done next week.
  6. Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    got our power back around 5am.
  7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I'm just south of the outage area. We felt it, brown out caused some issues (lost 45 minutes of work because an open file was corrupt).

Luckily that + several short internet outages over the evening was all we had.
  8. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I dunnno about the rest of PA, but South Central didn't even feel it...I didn't know about it until I heard about it on the news. *shrugs*.

9. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    DarkMazda, what part of NJ are you in?

cause i havn't experienced any power problems
  10. cronus

cronus Guest

Jan 17, 2002
    Romulus, Michigan
    my power came back around noon
  11. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i'm still not able to get in touch with my people at out main office yet (NYC)
  12. Spam2mapS

Jun 26, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    my power went out at 4:15 or so yesterday and I just got it back a few minutes ago
  13. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    lower manhattan checkin' in!

we finally got ours back around 4pm today. you could literally hear the shouts of joy from the streets and people's apartment buildings.

last night was quite an adventure. my area was sorta like what it felt during 9/11. everyone kinda bewildered, but also a little afraid. didnt know what was going on, but everyone trying to comfort everyone else.

but this morning was just plain freakin' eery. ever see Vanilla Sky, where Tom Cruise is running thru Times Square? well, imagine that with bodies of sleeping people laying about, who look more dead than sleeping! lots of tourists were locked out of their rooms, cause the keycards wouldnt work. so they had blankets, cardboard boxes, etc and slept on the sidewalk.

i took some pics last night, and i'll get 'em up if anyone's interested. quite cool.
  14. ooh i wanna see

glad everything is back to normal for ya too
  15. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
  16. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    I had no idea any of that stuff was happening until I heard about it today, because all day yesterday I was at Ozzfest. Woulda sucked if it hit there....man oh man....but ya know, I reckon all those bands playing super-loud are what caused it all in the first place. :D
  17. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    add me to that too ! sounds cool
  18. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Lost ours at about 4pm yesterday and got it back around 5pm today. No AC, and it was HOT.
  19. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hey guys,

well, they're not all that, but a few shots i took with my digital camera of my neighborhood.

tonight, i'm chillin' at a friend's place who has AC, so i'll get 'em up tomorrow.

btw, not to start conspiracy theories, but did everyone else notice that the MS Worm hit us a week before, and then this whole blackout thing happened? coincidence? :confused:
  20. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    ok, these pics came out horrible, but whaddya expect with no natural lighting! :(

this bar owner is using his huge SUV to power the lights in his bar. needless to say, he made a killing that night.

people along 6th ave. waiting for the bus. the curb was literally 50 people deep.

shot of a cop car giving the side walk light.

back in my gf's apartment which all the amenities we need.