Power Problem With My Morley Wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by supernaut_1, Mar 10, 2004.

1. supernaut_1

supernaut_1 Guest

Dec 16, 2002
    well i have a morely pba-2 dual bass wah. it is completely noiseless when i use a battery but when i try to use a power adapter (it's one of those universal power adapters) it makes a low humming noise in my my amp when it's not in use. i've tried it with different tips, different voltage, and different polarity, nothing seems to make the humming go away unless i use a battery. i've seen on musician's friend they have a power adapter for it. should i get that? and by the way, i know it's not a problem with my amp, so that possiblilty can be exluded. any ideas?
  2. wingnutkj

Mar 27, 2003
    Sounds like it's definitely the universal adapter - a lot of these are unregulated supplies and will cause hum.
  3. those universal adapters suck 2 of mine melted and the other one just started doing wacko things like putting alot of power into my pedals than supposed to, i use some crappy little adapters from radio shack that clip right onto the battery thing and the wire is thin enough so that i can still close the lid and they have worked great for me.
  4. supernaut_1

supernaut_1 Guest

Dec 16, 2002
    so should i just buy the one from musiciansfriends that seems to be made for it?
  5. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    Is the power "clean" that your pulling from?
  6. supernaut_1

supernaut_1 Guest

Dec 16, 2002
    im sorry but, what exactly does that mean?
  7. sometimes an outlets power isnt really good and is weird, thats the only way i know how to explain it. buy the morley adapter or buy some other specialized 9volt adapters at radioshack. if it still makes noise then youve probly got a bad powersource or something.
  8. Gregory Bruce Campbell

Gregory Bruce Campbell

Apr 14, 2002
    Helena, MT U.S.A 59602
    BEE basses, Morley pedals
    Both boss and morley power supply units work very well on the morley pedals