Power supplies for pedals. Effects board

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by odie, Oct 29, 2003.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

Just picked up on of the new Boss effects boards. I was wondering if the universal power supply that can power all the Boss pedals can be used for DOD etc??
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    If the polarity and voltage is correct - no problem.
    Just make sure it can deliver enough mA for all FX.
  3. odie

odie Supporting Member

Holy cr@p that was a fast reply.

The power supply is 1000ma. Which should be enough. I think the board can handle 7 or 8 pedals. Maybe more.

Does anyone know if voltage and polarity are the same for DOD and Boss. For the Sansamp I was going to use its own.
  4. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    From what I was told by my local music store goons, Newer DOD and Boss pedals use the same type of power supply. Shouldn't be a prob.
  5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    FYI: I use the same power adapters for all my BOSS, DOD's and modified Electro-Harmonix. No problem.
  6. odie

odie Supporting Member

Cool!! Its crazy up until 6 months ago all I used was a chorus. Now I have a flange, sansamp, odb3, envelope filter, phazer, and a chorus.
  7. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Why don't you have a Big Muff? :p
  8. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I want the big muff. Oh, Digitech, boss tuners, and Sansamp all use the same polarity too.
  9. I'm using my old Boss PSM-5/PSA-120T to power all the stuff on the big green board and that includes pedals from Electro Harmonix, Danelectro, Akai, Boss and Ibanez pedals and a Korg tuner. It has actually quietened things up a bit as I used to get some hum when using the Akai and Danelectro power supplies with the corresponding pedals, go figure, and it's so much easier to set up and cuts down on the clutter.