1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Power Supply - Aimed at UK Members

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BruceBass3901, Mar 3, 2010.

1. I was just flicking through the Maplins catalogue, and saw a power supply for 6 effect pedals with a total available current of 450mA. This would suit be very well at the moment, as I am not a massive pedal junkie ( yet ;) ). More than anything, the price was what caught my eye; under £20.

Anyway, here is my question; does anybody here have any experince of this supply? Any problems experienced?

Thanks in advance :)

2. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Mar 8, 2009
    California
    Head Tinkerer, The Flufflab
    6 for 450mA seems a little ambitious. 4 or 5 would be my guess.

Maplin used to be pretty good people to deal with, but it's been 12 years since I last had anything to do with them.

3. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    Earth
  4. MarkAndHisBass

MarkAndHisBass

Nov 4, 2006
    Scotland
    I'm sure I know the one you're talking about, which I returned due to the huge hiss/noise whenever I turned my dirt pedals on. If you think you're going to start building a collection of pedals, then I'd suggest buying a Diago Powerstation, which is costly but at the same time won't let you down. Your call.

5. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
  6. Megalith

Megalith

Mar 1, 2010
  7. Cheers for all of that guys, I'll have a closer look later on :)

Another question here regarding powering pedals; I have a Boss TU-2, and that has an output for a dasiy chain that supports 200mA. Could I run the TU-2 with a daisy chain to other pedals AND have a daisy chain from the power supply? If so, would that 200mA be drawn from the supply, or is it drawn from the TU-2 separatly?

8. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    the tu2 is basically just another plug on the daisy chain. it has no way of adding to the original supplies output.

9. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Personally I'd use a Diago Powerstation in your situation.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 24, 2020