Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Power supply: Godlyke v OneSpot v Big John etc?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassWombat, Jul 21, 2005.

1. I'm finally getting around to sorting out power supply issues.

Godlyke, OneSport and Cioks Big John get good wraps here that I've seen. A couple of questions though...

1. Is there a difference between the Godlyke and the OneSpot?

2. For those of you that have gone for a Brick/Big John/Pedal Power route, do you feel there's a significant advantage over the OneSpot style of approach?

3. Finally, if I did go the option2 path, any feelings over VL Pedal Power versus Ciok Big John?

FYI, I'll need to power 7 pedals (BDDI, unibass, chunkOOfunk, VL sparkle drive, prescription electronics experience, TU2 and demeter compulator)

Thanks heaps

(BTW, I emailed Paol Ciok about shipping to Australia and he got back to me immediately with friendly helpful advice - excellent customer relations.)

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I power 7 pedals with my 1 Spot (US$29.95 @ MF). IIRC it's rated to 1400mA. That's good for quite a few effects. I think those deluxe bricks include 18V outputs that's why they cost more.

3. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    I like the Godlyke better than the OneSpot. It can handle more current than the OneSpot and comes with all the connectors.

4. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Me too... though I use the OneSpot cables with the Godlyke power supply as the plugs are spaced further apart and are right-angle. The Godlyke adapters also come in handy with a couple of pedals that take 1/8" inputs (Compulator and Dredgetone Bass Angler).

5. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I've got the Godlyke, I dig it and it treats me right.

6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Uh... the One spot comes with all the connectors also. And they are both rated @ 1.7 Amps. :confused:

7. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    I got the 1 spot powering the pedals in my sig. No complaints whatsoever.