1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

power supply help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sandman45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. I would like to start off by saying hi im still new to bass and especially effects. Still just learning. Also sorry if this is in the wrong thread or has been answered before(i did search the forum though.).
    i have a korg toneworks ax5b and am looking for a a/c power supply( music stores all closed on sunday). It says 9 volts but no amparage nor in the manual. and would u beleive it or not i can't find it surfing the net either.
    any help would be apreciated.
    also sorry in advance for bad grammer.:)

2. Chef FourString

Chef FourString

Feb 4, 2011
    Texas
    Get a One Spot. Powers more than one box at at time so when you feel the need to get more, you already have your power supply. Relatively cheap, reliable and very compact. Hope this helps.

Cheers.

3. It appears to take 9v DC power, center negative. That's effectively the industry standard for power, so finding one should be simple. Being digital, the amperage needed will be.a bit high. I would assume somewhere around 500 mA. I estimated 450 mA from its battery life, but guessing high can't hurt. A OneSpot AC/DC adapter would easily supply enough current.

4. cheers guys a quick trip to dick smiths electonics and a cheap digitor 800mah 9v adaptor does the trick