1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Power Supply Mounting - Drilling Alternative?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jufros, Oct 1, 2009.

1. jufros

jufros

Nov 24, 2008
    I'm just wondering if anyone has been successful in mounting a power supply underneath their Pedaltrain (PT-Pro to be specific) without having to drill holes for brackets in the frame. Thanks.

2. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    If you don't want to drill holes, you could always use industrial strength velcro and/or tie wraps. I used this method to attach a power strip and various wall warts under my PT-Pro SC before I purchased the hardcase version that came with the brackets. If you want to use the brackets, you could always use epoxy or something, although it's much easier to just drill the holes.

3. jufros

jufros

Nov 24, 2008
    Yeah I actually successfully mounted a power strip with some velcro and it seems to be holding just fine. I may try a combo of velcro and zip ties.

4. gastric

gastric Professional product tester for hire

Jun 8, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    Source Audio BETA tester
    I wouldn't rely on JUST velcro, I'd use zip ties for sure. It's one thing to hold pedals onto the top surface, gravity is already your friend there. But securing items hanging from underneath should be done so there's no risk they'll fall off. With that said, I wouldn't be scared of screwing the included brackets. It's normal, and expected.