1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Power supply problem with "power-all"

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Skre, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Skre

Skre

Mar 29, 2013
    Northwest Territories, Canada
    Bassist: In Bad Taste
    hey chaps i'm just getting the crap kicked outta me here trying to figure out this daisy chain problem i'm having, if i don't solve this soon my wife is going to gut me like a fish and drink my blood! :atoz:

Basically i'm simply trying to chain 3 pedals together in this order:

Boss TU-2 --> Boss CE-2b --> EHX Bass Blogger

I seem to be only be able to fully power the CE-2b when the TU-2 is introduced to the chain otherwise the light is extremely dim.
    When i try adding the Blogger in lights up but cannot be switched off or on (just stays lit) with nothing but crap coming out of the audio signal.

But when i power the blogger by it self without anything else it works fine! btw i'm using the "deluxe" kit version of the power-all, so please if anyone can shine any light on this mishap that would be much obliged. -skre

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    This actually an easy one. Most EHX pedals will have problems sharing a power supply with other pedals. They mention it in the fine print in the instructions. In order to use that EHX with the others, it needs its own isolated power supply. This can mean a separate wall wart, or a battery, or a more expensive isolated multi-outlet supply unit, or a gadget from Godlyke that isolates individual outputs from a daisy chain.

3. +1 except for the word 'most'. 'Many', 'too effing many', or 'a whole lot of the non-standard bastards' I would have accepted without comment. MOST EHX pedals work fine on a daisy chain, there are WAY TOO MANY that don't, and the Blogger is one that doesn't.

/semanticnazi'd

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Fair enough. :D

5. Skre

Skre

Mar 29, 2013
    Northwest Territories, Canada
    Bassist: In Bad Taste
    wow what a let-down, guess i'll have to find another overdrive/distortion to fill my needs!

6. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Apr 9, 2011
    I had a similar problem, the bass blogger will not daisy chain with other pedals as i believe it has a positive ground, I bought an adapter to solve this but... It doesn't work when daisy chained either so it's no longer on my board I advise you just run it off battery. The battery lasts a very very long time so you don't need to worry about that too much.