Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Power supply question for DOD FX62

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Joe Mathis, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Joe Mathis

Joe Mathis

Jul 8, 2005
    Hi there, I just picked up a DOD Bass Chorus pedal without an AC adapter. The sticker on the bottom says it requires a 10 volt AC adapter but I can't seem to find one anywhere. If it takes a single 9 volt battery to power it, wouldn't a 9 volt AC adapter work as well?

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Always use the adapter it says to, you'll find things don't blow up that way ;)

However, a 9V adapter shouldn't harm it as long as the polarity is correct and it is capable of supplying the right amount of current, it should work.

3. I've been curious too about the 10v requirement on some DOD pedals. I just bought this DOD FX-105, 5 pedal power supply. It hasnt arrived yet but Im assuming it is 9v.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7333651879&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1
    It has 3 plugs for regular stompboxes and 1 for the old DOD style jack. My guess is that since it DOD and its 9V, then all the DOD pedals should work fine with 9v. But you know what they say about assuming.
    On a side note Voltage variations don't seem to matter that much to electronics. Ever notice how an Alkaline AA battery is 1.5 volts while a NICAd rechargeable AA battery is 1.2 or 1.25 volts. I'm still tryin to figure that one out. :eyebrow:

4. You can use a Visual Sound One Spot adapter, or daisy chain adapter like Boss makes for the TU-2. I run a bunch of pedals, including a Digitech BSW, from a Boss TU-2 pedal.

5. I ran/run my DOD fx32 octave on a 9V adaptor and I have had no problem, I made one myself my dad gets adaptors free from his work and I just switch the polarity and boom I got a free adaptor any voltage and MA its great. but one bad thing about old DOD pedals is they take an 1/8 adaptor instead of the standard plug size :scowl: