1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

power supply questions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by thehangingmist, Sep 16, 2008.

1. i have a power supply unit for my pedal and whats written on it is: output-dc 9v/500mA and it has four barrel jacks to power up (4?) pedals.

now i have three pedals currently:
    1.boss GEB-7 (consumption) 10mA
    2.behringer ble100 - 30mA
    3.polish love od- (consumption unknown:help:)

i am about to get
    1.sansamp vt bass 15 or 20mA (says tech21 support)
    2.fender pt-100 (consumption unknown:help:)

so if in case the total power consumption of all five of these does not exceed 500mA would it be really work if i get a daisy chain and power up all the pedals using the same supply?
    btw, i couldnt find the power consumptions of the fender pt-100 online even after searching for quite a while so i thought i'd ask here itself.

would adding a daisy chain to the unit be just like adding simple parallel electric circuit extension to the already existing one hence each pedal getting equal 9v ?

sorry for a lot of noobish questions, but i need your help. thanks in advance.

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    A daisy chain should work fine for those pedals. I don't know the polarity of all of them, but as long as they are the same polarity there should be no trouble.

3. LuvMusic

LuvMusic

Aug 18, 2007
    Oak Park, IL
    Using a SansampTech21 VT Bass with Boss Pedals and daisy chain.

Polarity on Sansamp equipment is the same as Boss. Don't know about the Polish Love and Fender pedals.

4. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    AFAIK, it's the same polarity for all of them. The Polish Love and PT-100 couldn't possibly be above 50mA (the Polish Love, probably not even above 20mA).

And yeah, adding a daisy chain onto any of your current barrel plugs would simply extend what you have now. Everything would still get 9VDC.

5. thanks :D
    as far as i could check, the polarity is same on all. awesome news i wont have to buy a new power supply.