1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

power supply?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by grimjim, Jan 10, 2018.

1. grimjim

grimjim

Jan 26, 2014
    Chicago, Illinois
    Endorsing artist;DNA Amplification, GHS strings
    Sorry, but I am totally new to the whole pedal thing. Played for thirty years with no pedals, but I'm curious.

I added a Darkglass alpha/omega to my signal chain a couple of months ago and it's great.

A friend gave me a MXR 10 band EQ that I want to play around with.

First dumb question: Before or after the distortion? Am I better off effecting my signal going into it? Or effecting the combined signal? Or is it just what I think sounds best?

Second question: The Darkglass is 9 volt while the MXR is 18. Someone told me I can y-cord two of the daisy chains together from my 1-spot and that would be 18 volts. Is this true? I'm skeptical.

Oh, yeah, running both through the effects loop if that matters.

Thanks in advance,
    Jim

2. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Yup. I'd put the EQ last personally.

Lol, nope

Unless you're running to the FX return and bypassing your amps preamp I would suggest skipping the FX loop for the A/O at least.

cataract likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 19, 2021