Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

power supply?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by navEtheChimp, Feb 16, 2002.

1. navEtheChimp

navEtheChimp

Jan 28, 2002
    I need help on powering my effects. I hear everyone talking about the psa-10... then they say you just chain all your pedals togather or something like that. I have baughten like 4 or 5 BOSS pedals over the last month and they all have over 200 mA, which has me here now, where i know i cant just get a PSA-10. So I bought this way nice 9V AC adapter that has 1.67 amps. I know i will never need all of that but it seems just nice to have. But when i plug the adapter directly into a boss pedal it doesnt work. Cause i need an official adapter? So how do i power more than 200 mA worth of boss stompboxes, with just ONE adapter?

2. A TU-2 or a NS-2 and the parallel cords. Search on www.musiciansfriend.com

Didn't you have a post like this before?

3. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    try a switchmode power supply (available from MF and ZZounds). It can power up to 20 pedals and is not a big walwart. I use one to currently power all my pedals (see my profile) and it works great.
    I think they are about $30 or so but they are really worth it. They step down wall AC voltage digitally I think.

-KB

4. navEtheChimp

navEtheChimp

Jan 28, 2002
    so if i got a ns-2 then i could plug my 1.67 adapter into that, then get a cable coming from the output of that into the rest of teh pedals? and that would work even though plugging the adapter DIRECTLY into the other boss pedals didnt work?

5. You need to verify that the adapter has the correct polarity. I believe that tip is negative on Boss (and lots of others) products. Also it needs to be a 117vAC (Line) to 9vDC adapter. Stomps usually run on DC voltage (Batteries).

HTH

6. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    If you use a boss wallart, you can get from Boss a 3-outlet daisy chain that allows you to plug in the wallwart to one female connector and 3 pedals onto the male connectors. It's actually a spare part for the BCB-3 3-space pedalboard, but it only costs like $5 so it's way worth it. I did it the hard way with the Boss 7-plug daisy chain (all male plugs) and a couple of matching female sockets and wire from Radio Shack. Dunno if youcould find a ready-made female-female adapter; that would be easier.

This is way cheaper than buying the stupid NS-2.

7. navEtheChimp

navEtheChimp

Jan 28, 2002
    ok thanks for all the help... my friend has an noise supressor, so i can try it with his and if it works than i guess ill go with that. thanks