power tranformers / conditioners

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by darkreich, Jul 6, 2013.

  1. darkreich


    Jun 3, 2006
    can anyone recommend a unit to convert 240 to 100 . i will Be going to the U.K and then the rest of Europe soon. please suggest a compact unit as i only have 3-4 pedals . thanx for any and all the help.
  2. What are you using now? Most pedals are ok on a onespot type, you could be best just picking up a 240v/110v capable one.
  3. JimmyM

    JimmyM Supporting Member

    Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    A step-down transformer is what you need. They're about the size of a car battery and weigh almost as much as an SVT.

    Yeah, I'd be looking for a 220v 1-Spot or two, too ;)
  4. A stepdown big enough to drive an SVT would be that sort of size but one to drive a few pedals isn't a big deal.

    I have a Godlyke 9V supply which runs on anything from 100 to 240V but it hums on some of my pedals. Choose well.
  5. darkreich


    Jun 3, 2006
    Thank You ... So basically purchase a Godlyke or 1-spot and naturally add and adapter to for the UK