1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Power upgrade?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scutterflux, Apr 6, 2003.

1. So I have the m-pulse 360, and am running it through a 1x15 and 2x10. Thats 360W and it's plenty loud, however the other day I hooked up a power amp to it 1400W bridged, and the speakers seemed to "come to life" (now I know what all those over power the speaker guys are talking about). I am considering more power now, and need some advise.

I'm thinking about buying a new power amp to suit my needs, but it costs about the same amount of money as if I were to trade in my 360W m-pulse toward a 600W m-pulse. The reason I would consider a trade deal, is because it's nice to have it all in one small package, as opposed to having a rather large and heavey rack to lug around. The m-pulse power section is also supposed to be tube driven, and does sound a little warmer than the power amp I had hooked up. What should I do? I don't want to waste money, What do you recomend?

2. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    If you like your mesa360, then a 600, just will be the same thing with more power.

It depends on how much power you want/need.