Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Poweramp Problems.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by leftseptember, Sep 4, 2003.

1. leftseptember

leftseptember

Jun 26, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Was just playing my bass rig, and my poweramp cut out, and turned off. No loud noise, no nothing...was almost like I flipped the switch off. Now, it wont turn on.

Any idea as to why its doing this?

2. Chaputa

Chaputa Bass-Not just fo eatin anymore

Well, not knowing what amp it is I'd have to say that it sounds like you just blew a fuse.

3. leftseptember

leftseptember

Jun 26, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Crown XLS 402.

I know you dont know about the amp and all, but how would i find a fuse, and go about fixing it?

4. Chaputa

Chaputa Bass-Not just fo eatin anymore

Well, it appears to have a circuit breaker instead of an externally accessible fuse right next to the power cord on the back of the amp. On page 16 of the instructions (http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/amps/133465.pdf) it lists the causes of no power to the amp being not plugged in, switch is off or the circuit triggered. It just says to validate what you're plugged into and push the breaker button back in.

Hope this helps.

5. leftseptember

leftseptember

Jun 26, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Yeah, i tried that...nothing. So I have to replace the whole cicuit breaker?

6. The circuit breaker is resettable, meaning it'll come back on if you push the reset button, unless there is a more serious problem causing the circuit breaker to trip. Since this most likely is the case, you need to take your amp to a good service shop.