1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)


Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dr_love2112, Jul 28, 2005.

  1. dr_love2112


    May 28, 2005
    baytown texas
    can i use a power amp with my g/k head???? how would i go about doing this???? would it give me more power, but same tone???

    also what is bi-amping???
  2. dr_love2112


    May 28, 2005
    baytown texas
    any one

    edit: i found out i called mf and they said i cant run power into power so yea, but im gonna get another head and another 4x10 if i need more watts
  3. Mcrelly


    Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    no, it looks with you rear panel only having speaker outs that you cannot run into another power amp.

    if you need more volume I'd try getting the 410 first if the other cab you have is a 8ohm and the 410 is 8ohms then you'll be getting the full 300 out of the GK and the extra speakers moving more air.
  4. No, you cannot run power into power, but why would you want to? You have a lineout or DI on the head, right? Why not consider buying an external power amp, and running the DI/lineout into that? It would be a less expensive option, compared to buying a new head with more power.
    With the external amp, you'd have 2 channels to power more cabinets, or you could bridge the channels together and run that way.
    You could even use your G/K's amp power for one cabinet, and lineout into the power amp, powering additional cabinets.
    But please don't try to connect 2 amps to ONE cabinet.
    This gives you many different power/cab options, keeping your G/K sound that you want.

    Biamping: This usually means running 2 amp channels, powering separate speaker cabinets. Most times you use a crossover to send different frequencies to different cabinets.
    Some preamps have the crossover built in, or you need an active crossover, running between preamp and amp.

    Hope these ideas help..