1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Powered Gator Board Question....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by X Wolf, Jul 19, 2008.

1. X Wolf

X Wolf Guest

I'm planning on getting a Powered Gator Pedal Board with the Bus 8 and I know it comes with connecting cables. My question is: Will the included cables be sufficient and the right connectors to power the following five pedals? Also, do you think they will all fit?

EHX Small Clone
    EHX Holy Grail (for acoustic gigs)
    Korg Pitchblack Tuner Pedal
    Tech 21 VT Bass Pedal
    I might also add an EHX distortion pedal later

Thank's,

George

2. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Hi.

I've got one. Just a moment while I count the cables. I've just got out of bed and all I can see is a big blur, so this might take some time...

There are 8 x 9v connectors and 1 x 18v - all centre-negative Boss-style connectors. So you should be OK with those pedals. No idea if they'll fit - I've got the bigger one. If the one you're talking about is half the size of this one then yeah they should fit - I've got 7 pedals in one half of mine, one of them is an EHX BMS and another is an exp. pedal.

It will provide 1.5A in total, and it's OK to daisy-chain off one or more of the cables so long as you keep the draw down to around 100mA or so.

Biggest downside: The larger board is like carrying a suitcase with a corpse in it. I'm thinking of swapping for a T-Rex Tone Trunk.

3. X Wolf

X Wolf Guest

Kevteop....Thank's for the input! I don't plan on using more than 5 pedals at a time so it sounds like the smaller board will fit, size wise and the provided connectors should work as well. All good news.

George

4. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Eh... Just looked at your post again. You'll need an adapter for the Small Clone (if it's the older wedge-shaped one), which you can get here (in case you didn't already know, which you probably did. Sorry - tired again).

5. X Wolf

X Wolf Guest

My Small Clone is the Model EH 4600 Full Chorus. It's less than a year old and it is wedge shaped.

George

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021