1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

powered mixer with firewire out

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Jason Sypher, Sep 27, 2009.

1. This last tour the violinist brought a powered mixer with a firewire out and recorded all the shows on his mac in Logic. Pretty slick. Is this common now or are there particular brands that have this feature?

2. Gornick

Gornick

Jun 23, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Curious what model you are using Jason. There's some decent looking equipment out there these days for multi-tracking, and I have done some myself but my unit seems to be in the process of being fazed out by Yamaha and I might need to replace it at some point.

3. Jake deVilliers

Jake deVilliers Commercial User

May 24, 2006
    Crescent Beach, BC
    Owner of The Bass Spa, String Repairman at Long & McQuade Vancouver
    Mackie's 'Onyx' line has the Firewire out feature - not sure about other brands.

4. Alesis Multimix - I have one, they're sweet. The bigger models have sliders, rather than gain knobs, which would be sweeter - but my 4-channel is fine. And it talks fluently to e.g. Logic Express on the mac.

(notice how I said 'sweet'? In deference to you yanks...)

5. Jake deVilliers

May 24, 2006
    Crescent Beach, BC
    Who are you calling a 'Yank' sunshine? :)

6. Sorry, guvnor - just bein' continentist :). Hmm, let's see, how's my Canadian? Oh yes: Oh my stars!

7. Jake deVilliers

May 24, 2006
    Crescent Beach, BC
    No, Canadian is more like "He shoots, he scores!" :D

8. When I was working in Bristol City Museum (England) years ago, we had a Canadian Cree come to look at our ethnographic collection. He said "Oh my stars" a lot, which was really charming. He also kept talking about the materials the artefacts were made from, and mentioning "gerbil" - I was thinking "Seriously? Those things are made using gerbil pelt?" until after a while I realised he was saying "durable". :)
    </off-topic>