Powerhouse 1000/1200 descriptions comparisons

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by suraci, Aug 27, 2009.

1. suraci

suraci

Apr 11, 2005
    I played a powerH 1000 2 yrs or less ago.

It blew me away.

but i have no gig that demands this power... yet that sound haunts me.

i play softer volume church gig in an auditorium

I just miss the bigness or umph of this large cab

1. If carrying it is not an issue- would you consider using it turned up to 2, so to speak? is that crazy? i play my current 15 up to 4 or 5 - but it is not the same as the powerhouse, obviously. i want a big warm sound with punch but not too loud.

2. What amp? i used the mesa pulse 600.. i liked the sound partly bc i was pushing this amazing cab.
    I used to like the old studio amp B15 - obviously too small a sound!!! A balance between lows mids and highs is my constant effort.
    I lean towards warmth, and punch but i want deep lows when i want them.

3. i guess the gist of this is this- a large cab, high powered amp for a gig that can be covered with much lesser power amp, and speaker mass.
    But when i play a high E eg , that is a thin note, a big cab makes it carry more weight. more fun to play higher notes.

A bass player must punch... control the beat to a degree... so punch ... size of note is important.

As mike myers says in drag- "discuss" !

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021