Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Powerhouse Mesa cabinet complaint/coment

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Toneman, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Toneman

Toneman

Jun 6, 2001
    Long Island
    After the voice coil in my 15" woofer blew in the first set of a show at moderate volume with no warning I was curious what brand driver it was. When I bought it dec2002 I was told it was PAS which is a very high end driver. My old mesa Deisel cab use to have EV.
    Anyhow I contacted PAS and was told they dont supply mesa with drivers even though they've heard this from many people.I then contacted Mesa and was told the drivers are made by some company in Kentucky for them and the early batch had defective glue which when heated gave out.What a dissapointment here I think I have a great product & it turns out to be junk.

2. Nightbass

Nightbass

May 1, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    So did Mesa offer to replace the driver, perhaps at no charge to you?

You do have a great product that is not junk, but in which a third-party component failed. I've had that happen before, and in the case of Mesa, they made everything right at no cost to me.

Surely they offered to replace it?

Nightbass

3. Toneman

Toneman

Jun 6, 2001
    Long Island
    yep there service is good. The speaker was still under the two year warrany so they sent a new driver at no cost.

4. FWIW: Here's where most manufacturers get 'em from - I guess that includes Mesa too ...
    http://www.eminence.com

5. Toneman

Toneman

Jun 6, 2001
    Long Island
    Jim makes sence about Eminence making the driver.
    I would assume its the Kappa Pro model.
    thanks
    tony

6. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

That's funny... I have an old EV PH1000 cab that the 15 was somewhat loose and a recone would be about $90. I opted to replace it with a Kappa Pro 15 for $120. The EV went into a MM 15 cab that we use for guitar.BTW, it sounds KILLER...