Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

powering a 1X15 1 or 2X12 2X10 setup.....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by schmittuml, Apr 4, 2005.

1. schmittuml

schmittuml Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    what would one need ohmage wise on these cabs and out of a head or power/pre setup my buddy brought up the question i said id look into it.

2. dood

dood

Dec 9, 2004
    sitting down,facingforward..UK
    Endorsements: Shuker Guitars, Dingwall Designer Guitars, D'Addario, Planet Waves, Barefaced Bass
    Hi there! I guess it would depend on what the gear is being used for and how it was being used. There are so many combinations, I guess this thread could be as long as my arm.

There are guys here that can explain the ohms thing better than I and to be honest I think it has been well covered before anyway.

so, what environment is this stuff gonna be in, musicwise?

my first thoughts would be, (as an example only) say run from a power amp.
    Whack the 1x15" on one channel and the other cabs together on the other channel. as long as the cabs together were not too lower an impedance for the amp you should be ok.
    [edit] another example, the 15 could be 4 ohms, and the 10's and 12's could be 8 ohms each.. I guess this would give you a balance of 4 ohms aside.
    Powerwise, well thats down to requirement. some people say 200Watt is ok for them.. others 2k is nearly enough!