Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Powering A Few Pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Shauny, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Shauny

Shauny

Feb 17, 2005
    Margate, Kent, Uk
    Right I just purchessed a Boss CE-2B today. I already own an Ibanez PD7.

Now acording to the Boss I need a ACA-240 supply and according to the Ibanez I need either an AC109, AC509 or AC309.

Does it really make a difference? I'd prefer to just buy one supply and a daisy chain/spliter thing (saves money, space and means I can add more pedals easily) but I want to make sure I won't damage the pedals. Can anyone help me?

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Visual Sound 1spot is what you need. I powered everything on my board (except for my Holy Grail) with it and two dasiy chains. Brands that I had on my board were EH, Digitech, Boss, Frantone, Hao, Prescription, Ibanez, DOD, Dunlop, BJF, and Morley. None had a problem with the 1spot, except the Holy Grail which required the 500ma adaptor that came the pedal. It produced a ton of noise with the 1spot.

Thanks again Tecx.

Peace,
    Adam

3. Shauny

Shauny

Feb 17, 2005
    Margate, Kent, Uk
    thanks i found wot u mean for a good price on ebay but its american isnt it? i live in the UK and dont think it would work over here...

4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    www.soundsgreatmusic.com stock onespot they don't keep it on their website but I'm sure you can buy over the fone and they will send it to you.

I have one from there, make sure you get the daisy chain as well

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yep, a 1Spot powers my entire pedalboard as well.

6. Shauny

Shauny

Feb 17, 2005
    Margate, Kent, Uk
    Thanks thats just what I needed to know, I'll give them a call soon :)

7. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Can I daisy chain a daisy chain?

8. It's probably worth mentioning the Godlyke Power-all as well. From what I can tell it's pretty much a clone of the One Spot (not sure who was first) and comes with all the various connectors. It's also available via mail-order from their website , although I just picked one up on a holiday to the US. And both the OneSpot and Godlyke are "international" in that they will work in the UK (or in my case Australia) with the right simple plug adaptor - something Godlyke have as an accessory if you want to got that way.

9. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Yes.

10. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Off of a Godlyke Power-all, I power:

Boss TU-2, Boss RC-20, Digitech Bass Squeeze, Mig Muff, Crybaby 105Q, 2 Bass Balls, CEB-3, MXR M-90, and a Morely Volume. No problems.

The only pedal I use on a consistent basis that isn't on the Power-all is my Hot-Tubes 'cause it requires 12 volts AC (the rectifier is IN the pedal.. not the adapter)

11. lc12345678

lc12345678

Jan 20, 2005
    Godlyke Power-all was my choice. Cheap and takes up very little space.
    I use a big muff, DOD 250, Ibanez CS-9(chorus), Boss Octave, and a DOD 401 Phasor.
    Godlyke Power-all works great with all the pedals.