1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Powering an EBS valvedrive with a voodoo labs pedal power 2

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by garmenteros, Jun 29, 2012.

1. garmenteros

garmenteros Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    I run 6 regular 9 volt pedals with the voodoo labs PP2... The voodoo labs PP2 can handle up to 300ma of draw and the ebs valve drive is 500ma. Its powered with a 12volt adapter so is there anyway to chain two of the outputs and not damage the pedal? Its one less thing to me power and plug at gigs and rehearsal. When you connect a couple of outputs does that raise the ma as well as the voltage? Is there a way to get 12volts with 500+ma on the voodoo labs PP2?

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    You need a special Y cable that connects the two jacks in parallel. You can order such a cable direct from Voodoo Labs; maybe there in the DR you have a local wiring guy who could make one for you?

The more common Y cable connects the outputs in series, adding their voltage together but NOT increasing the current available. The parallel one adds their current capability but leaves the voltage at the level of just one of the outputs. So you'd use two of the PPII's 12V outputs.

3. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Doesn't the ValveDrive require 12V AC power?

4. garmenteros

Aug 24, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    Coudln't get them on amazon...

http://www.voodoolab.com/shop/index.php?cPath=22_24_33 just need to know if the Current Doubler Adapter plug will work the valve drive...

5. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    The ValveDrive requires AC power. The PP2+ does DC power. It's not going to work...

You can use the courtesy outlet on the back, but that's it.

6. tink9975

tink9975

Aug 10, 2006
    MoCo, MD
    I have 2 12Vac pedals running off the courtesy outlet on my PP2, works just fine.

7. garmenteros

Aug 24, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    Just called customer support at voodoo labs, very helpful people, won my business for my next purchase of a power supply... They recommended using the courtesy outlet since the EBS valvedrive uses AC power... and thats exactly what im going to do.