powerpoint to pdf?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jimbo, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    hey guys and gals

so i've put together a poster for my semesters of research here at school to present. i made it using powerpoint as one big slide (43 inches X 54 inches)

so i need to get this printed at kinko's. they say they only accept .pdf files...but i have no clue on how to convert a .ppt file to .pdf

can anyone shine some light? thanks

2. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Do you have Adobe Acrobat? I don't mean Acrobat Reader, but the one that creates .pdf files.

Edit: You also can save Powerpoint files as webpages, and Kinkos has to have a web browser. Or could paste into Word...which I'd hope they have.
  3. Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    huh? Are you serious? I would bet they lack some business in this area. The Adobe version that offers the option to create PDFs is pretty expensive from what I hear.
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  5. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Any Mac with Powerpoint or iWork can do it (Keynote opens Powerpoint files, and saving in pdf in a native Mac feature).
  6. wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    OpenOffice has PowerPoint compatible presentation software and a save as PDF feature. That might be worth a download.

7. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    I've been using Primo PDF, it works well for what I need it to do (I turn my Finale sheet music into .pdf files).
  8. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I've got the full version of Acrobat if you can post it and give me a link or PM me and I'll give you my e-mail. I can convert it for you and send it back. Main issue is if you used any non standard fonts that I might not have I'll need those too.
  9. Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    thanks for all the suggestions.

the problem is solved, mainly from the help of another TB member :)