Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Powersupply for different pedals.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by liquid-dream-ex, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Hello everyone.

I'm looking for a power supply that will power all my pedals.

Which would be: 1x9V Barrel (Zoom BFX708), 1x 9v 1/8"plug (EHX Small Stone Russia) 1x9V Batteryclip (EHX Big Muff Russia) 1x 12V Barrel (H&K Warpfactor ... though i wouldn't really need that, since it has an adaptor already).

I tried an Axis Switchmode, but it wouldn't work. It had just a barrel-daisychain, so i could only power one of these pedals.#

Oh yeah... it'd love to have it as cheap as possible.

2. jeffhigh

jeffhigh

May 16, 2005
    I just put standard 2.1 pin sockets on my Electro harmonix pedals then all is sweet with a simple daisychain.
    The Hughes and Kettner may be ac rather than dc so you will need to use it's original adaptor.
    Jeff

3. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
  4. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Godlyke PowerAll or the One Spot will do all the 9volt pedals, and give your power to spare (for future upgrades/expansion).

I use a Powerall, and I've run 11 pedals off of it with no problems.

I don't know of any power supplies that provide 12v power and 9v power, other than one I just found in England: http://www.cioks.com/ Not sure on the cost.

5. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Dulop power brick, Cioks, PP2, they all will.

6. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I wouldn't suggest getting the power brick though. There's nothing bad about it, but for $80 less, you could get a 1Spot or Powerall.

7. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
  8. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I prefer bricks. I prefer each pedal having its own regulated, isolated, short circuit proof supply.

9. Thanks for your replies... i think i'll go for the visual sound this time. It seems more like what i want, than the axis switchmode (although the axis had a switch where you could switch the power 6V to 12V).