Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

powersupply for russian big muff

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by hvingsand, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Hi there... I know this must have been discussed over and over, but I tried to serach without luck.

I have a russian Big muff, and I'd really like an adapter for it. I know there is some way to do it, but here's another little twist: I'm from Norway, and we have 220V (Not 110V as in USA).

Will that be a problem, or is it possible for me to use the same solutions as you? Don't know how this modification works...

:bassist:

2. OK, this is a cheap solution... BUT...

You know those chinese stores that sell junk? well, they usually have those multi-adaptor power supplies. especially the ones that have an adaptor to connect to your 9volt battery connector.

they are usually adjustable as far as the voltage used. try it out.
    ps.: to use it permanently, might have to cut a little hole in the battery compartment so you can pass the cable into it.

3. Charr

Charr

May 14, 2004
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Hi there - im from Denmark, and we have 220 V too! the Biggest Music store over here (Musikhuset ) have a powersupply called Baby by Cioks with 5 (optional 9 - Called Big john) powerouttakes, and have made a patch cable to fit the EHX pedals - the powersupply is ~ 500 dkr (about the same in Nkr), and the patch cable is ~ 20 Dkr
    You can also get patch cables to "normal" (Boss Type) pedals if you need them :)
    hope it helps :)