Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Powersupply: mixing analog and digital

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Texx, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Texx

Texx

Sep 10, 2004
    Germany
    Somewhere i read that you shouldn´t connect a digital pedal to the same powersuply that powers analog pedals for it could cause sound problems. Did anyone encounter problems when doing that?

2. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    If the powersupply you are using has isolated connections, it shouldn't be a problem.

Ted

3. I had this problem trying to run a Zoom pedal as well as Boss pedals off a Powerbank supply.
    mind you, the Boss pedals are an ODB3 and a CEB3 - isn't the CEB3 chorus digital?

4. Texx

Texx

Sep 10, 2004
    Germany
    i plan to get this one:
    http://www.cioks.com/products/john.htm

...and i think the connections are not isolated.

That´s my effects:
    DIGITECH Bass Synth Wah

EH Big Muff (russian)
    EBS multicomp
    Sansamp BDDI

...does anybody have a similar setup (including the DIGITECH) without problems coming from one powersource?

5. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

They're not.
    [​IMG]

I've never heard about such issues and don't see why they would happen. On the other hand, although I've always been satisfied with my old Signalflex power supply, I can tell you I noticed a dramatic reduction of hum (now it has just completely disappeared) since I installed the Cioks.
    Poul Ciok has the best customer service e-ver. Never seen a guy so much into his products.