Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PR-410HLF SICK???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jebthebassist, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Jebthebassist

Jebthebassist

Dec 8, 2004
    My pro cab was making some very sick sounds the other night (and i dont mean sick as in killer tones) It just sounded like my amp was farting and that the speakers were blown. So, I didnt play it and about 2 hours later I went to play it to show the guy i bought it from what was up and it didnt do it!!!!!! It played fine, even with the bass and low freq up all the way and at low vol. It was very strange. Even now its still playing fine but im still scared about it. What could be wrong? Loose connection or what? Anyone have any advice for me? Thanks

2. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    I forget, is this the 4x10 HLF cab with the tilt back handle and 2 casters on back? If so I had that cab and blew 2 different 10"s on 2 occaisions using my GK 1001rb-I. Maybe I was underpowering it, took it back and got 2, 8 ohm SWR's no problem with these cabs since, now the GK that is another story, but it too seems to be better now. Maybe it is your amp? Sorry, can't offer more than this.