Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Practicality Strikes, Tash trades his sports car for a station wagon!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tash, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    A 230HP, turbocharged, all wheel drive station wagon :)

[​IMG]

:)

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Is that the sportscar or the station wagon? :eyebrow:

Nice plate btw ;)

3. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
  4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Thats the wagon and dayam nice.

5. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Between that and the dodge Magnum, station wagons are becoming pretty mean.

:bassist:

6. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Both - 2006 Subaru WRX Wagon. 0-60 in 5.7, amazing cornering grip, and enough room for a full stack and 4-5 basses.

Technology is good.

7. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Sweet car!

:)

8. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Those are SWEET.

Marshall

9. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Awesome car.

We're were looking at the Legacy 2.5GT. I'm am so very impressed by their boxer lumps.

That new WRX looks killer. Enjoy. ;)

10. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Mean station wagons are what we have here in Europe instead of SUV's.

Every manufacturer and their momma has at least a couple of higher end wagons to offer, like Mercedes, BMW, Volvo, Audi et cetera.

11. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    WRX wagons are hot. The prices are starting to come down on the original "bug eye" models. One of those might be replacing the vee-dub soon... that or a Mazda 3s.

Are we going to see a series of threads titled "Station wagon gets lowered!" "Reflash! More boost for the station wagon!" "Blowoff valve noize in my wagon!", etc? ;)

12. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Not likely, I'm planning on doing some autocross and rallycross competition with this vehicle and would prefer to stay in stock classes, at least for until its not daily driver.

13. Funny how it took an almost total slump in U.S. sales of station wagons, and subsequent almost total dropping of the body style 5 years ago to realise that the problem wasn't that people DIDN'T like station wagons, but they didn't like that they all looked like lumps of crap. Caprice wagons? town & country? all that? No style, too big, and imo, unpractical compared to SUV's.

Hence the reinvention of the smaller, more practical tall wagon segment that imo again is gonna kill the small SUV segment with younger buyers. The Matrix, the Subaru shown, the Jetta & Passat wagons... all great, and manageable.

14. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    You should see the 76 Caprice wagon that runs 10.60's at my home track.
    All steel, 4000+ lbs.

15. simpy1

simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    Man, it has taken so long for the USA to accept wagons....Subaru is one of the biggest car brands here in NZ, plus we get the used imports for dirt cheap. The Subaru Legacy GT is a very popular choice (its called the Liberty in Aus, dunno about the US).

Plus we get lots of WRX STi models which are the bling bling of WRXs. (subaru technica international, not sexually transmitted infection).

I'm just glad Japanese car makers know how to make nice cars again...in the old days were the Toyota Corolla SR Coupe, the Nissan Fairlady Z etc. Then the 80s and 90s were terrible. I mean the original WRX was fine, but the bug-eyes ones? Yuck! Now finally they look nice again, and the Legacy GT wagons now do 0-100 in 4.9 seconds....all that in a mid-priced wagon? Hell yes!

16. I'm bummed. I saw the title of the thread, was all ready with my taunt "Did they throw in a pair of panties with the station wagon?", and it turns out its a cool car. To blazes with you, sir!

Randy

17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I wish they would make those cars so people over 5'7" can fit in them. :)

I have always like the looks of those cars, but being 6'5" makes it impossible to get one if I want to be comfortable while driving. My wife is 6'2", so she doesn't get one either. We're stuck with the "old people cars", or SUV's.

-Mike

18. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I'm 6'3" and the WRX is easily the msot roomy and comfortable car I've owned, more interior space than my old Cherokee actually.

19. It has taken even longer the rest of the world to accept SUVs. We did not get the WRX line until 2002.

Mike

20. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Awesome car for hauling gear.

I wish I had my friends Marquis it's huge he could fit 3 8x10's in it I bet

[​IMG]