1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Practice Amp Suggestions: Peavey, Eden, Ampeg?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kbodonne, May 12, 2020.

1. kbodonne

kbodonne

Aug 31, 2012
    Austin, TX
    I'm looking for a small practice amp for my new place that doesn't take up much room and creates enough tone in a small room without needing to stand very far back to really hear it...
    On my local craigslist there are 3 amps that seem to fit my criteria and wondering what y'alls thoughts / experience are with these. Please weigh in.

- Ampeg B50R Rocketbass combo - I've played one of these before & remember it being great. Also probably the coolest of the amps. (leaning in this direction, but it's most $$)
    - Eden Nemesis N12 - 200 watts seems like too much for what I need, but don't know much about these
    - Peavey TKO 80 - most affordable and I've had good experience w/ Peavey combos before, but the other 2 seem to be better products

If you have specific experience with any of these (good or bad) let me know and if you know them all definitely let me know your thoughts! Thanks!

2. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I would choose the Peavey.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021