practice amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by backtoschool, Jan 7, 2001.

1. backtoschool

Oct 24, 2000
    I'm am looking for a real good practice amp for the money (under 200 maybe 250) it doesn't have to be spetacular because I'm not going to be pushing the limits with a practice amp.
  2. have you tried the SWR workingman's 10 combo? IMO it's freakin awesome.
  3. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Peavey Microbass is really compact and has gotten good words on its sound. At least from Bass Player magazine, but that doesn't have to mean anything... :rolleyes: Lists for US $149.
  4. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i'm looking for a practice amp too and i'm waiting to try the new vox t25. 25w, solid state with a 10" speaker and horn. it could be priced around $199.
  5. Old Blue

Old Blue

Mar 18, 2000
    I use a Fender BXR-25 and it's an almost "perfect" practice amp. It's tone is amazing for a 10" speaker and it has enough volume to handle practice levels. Fender just changed its name to the Frontman 25B, but it's the same amp.
  6. Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain
    I bought this korean cheapo amp .. I think the brand is LEEM. I was surprised at the versatily of sounds I cound get at the store with and active ibañez with a parametric eq. I don't know if its a great amp, but I practice at home alone and it is doing great.

Its hard to go wrong on a practice amp.. of course none are going to sound anyware close to a real amp, so look for other conviniences, size, headphone volume, weight.. line out etc.