Practice amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Steve S, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    I'm looking for a good practice amp and would like to hear some opinions on the following:

GK SW 35
    Peavey Microbass III
    Fender Rumble 25
    Fender Rumble 15
    Behringer Ultrabass BX 300
  2. I hate the little Fender amps. For a little practice amp id go for a Marshall B25 II, honestly one of the nicest little amps I’ve ever used. Orange have a range of small amps but I have no idea what they are like and they probably cost.
  3. I have a PV Minx tha that I love.
  4. main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    I had a Peavey Microbass practice amp that was highly rated. It was okay, but I quickly out grew it. My practice amp is now an Ampeg B-100R. Find one used to keep the price in line.
  5. Emprov

Mar 19, 2003
    I had a Bassman 25 for a while and I loved it as a practice amp. A bit on the pricey side but the features and sound are really nice. Out of the ones that you've posted, I'd probably go with the Microbass if you're looking for a no frills practice amp.
  6. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    Yes, I'm looking for something that's simple to use and sounds reasonably good. I've heard nice things about the Bassman 25 but it seems a little expensive for a practice amp.
  7. I have the Microbass. It is a great practice amp. Easy to use and can actually get kinda loud for 20w.
  8. Emprov

Mar 19, 2003
    I used the Bassman for recording and general home practice and it worked great for how I was using it. I even gigged with it once! Ran to the board and used the Bassman as my monitor and I was amazed how well it worked out. But ya, it's a bit on the expensive side. Microbass should work out nicely for you.
  9. aaron f.

aaron f.

Oct 21, 2000
    Another vote for the Bassman 25, I have one in my room. Nice tone, loud for it's size, and nice features, cost me $400 CDN 4 years ago.
  10. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    I would either go with the peavy microbass or the bassman 25. I have the peavey microbass and its alright as a practice amp. I would have to go with the bassman 25 though simpley cause it gives more power even though it costs more.

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I would look seriously into a Roland Cube 30. One of the best sounding practice amps on the market. Incredibly versatile, and loud enough to jam with.
  12. I've got the Peavey and it sounds muffled, but low and loud for it's size. Hooked it up to my 2X10 (the internal 8ich shuts off) and it sounded great, enough volume for a jazz gig with drums.