Practice combo-Fender Rumble 100 or Orange Crush 50

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BigBear77, Sep 2, 2017.

1. BigBear77

BigBear77

Aug 30, 2017
    just looking for some opinions on a practice combo. It will only be used to practice with, no gigs or shows. I had my eye on the Fender Rumble 100 or the Orange Crush 50. I know two different wattage ratings but both have a single twelve and are priced the same. Just want something that sounds great.

2. MonsterRain

MonsterRain

May 26, 2017
    I know your position quite well and it depends on what your tone desires are in my opinion.

I tried out all the Rumbles and they are feather light, loud and reliable with ways to dial in a variety of sound BUT it simply is not the Orange sound and for me that is major.

I am still on the wall myself because I was ready to pull the trigger on the Rumble 500 but for all the pros, it just didn't move me like Orange or even Ampeg.

So, if you fell head over heels for the Orange sound and love to play with the blend/gain features and really put some dirt on that Orange sound? You will be happy with the 50.

But if you could be as happy tonewise with either, the Rumble is the way to go since you do get more headroom, it's a lot lighter to carry around and it really is a damned nice unit that many, many people rave about.

If that Orange spoke to you, the Rumble just is not going to satisfy but if all else is equal you may as well have the headroom, nearly one finger pick up portability and you can join the Rumble club and get dap from Linnin who is a Fender expert.

If you have more questions about the Rumble, go to Linnin at once.

3. PaperbackRyder

PaperbackRyder Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Maynard, MA
    I really like my Rumble 100. Great tone for electric an, surprisingly, upright as well. Weighs nothing. Very flexible ew. And I have used in on low volume gigs.

MonsterRain likes this.
  4. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    My vote goes to the Fender. It's just me, however I never liked Oranges stuff personally.

MonsterRain likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021