1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Practice Rig...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by powellmacaque, Oct 21, 2009.

1. I play at my college at least two days a week, and play daily at my house. I'm getting kind of tired of lugging my SBX 115 and 700RB around, so I'm thinking of either tracking down an SBX 410 or 210 and just leaving the 115 at the school or getting a small combo or even getting some Neo cabs or combos.

I really like GK tone, almost everything I've played from them sounds great to me. What should I do, wait for the rare chance that somebody sells an SBX or just get a small rig, such as a combo or neo cabs to go with my 700rb?

Keep in mind, the ensemble I play in at school is a big band style jazz ensemble with 4 trombones, 6 saxes and 4 trumpets along with a piano, guitar, drums, and percussion. We also play in a gymnasium type of a practice hall.

What would be best?

2. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    I'd just get another cab and leave your 15 at school like you said. That way you would just be carrying your 700RB and not a whole combo.

3. I'd like to get an SBX 410 or 210, but unfortunately they don't make them, and if I sold my 115, I'd only get 1/4 of what I paid for it, so I'm kinda stuck with that cab.