1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

practice routine

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by thechips, Nov 28, 2006.

1. thechips

thechips

Apr 10, 2006
    what is your practice routine?
    do you spend x amount of time on scales? which scales?
    in all keys? around the circle of fourths?
    do you move onto playing the triads?
    best way for chord familiarity?

at the moment it's kinda random for me...I'll spend a bit of time on a couple of scales, get bored. twiddle around. maybe flip open a book. play one or two modes or something. notice that 'deal or no deal' has just come on the telly. turn off amp.
    clearly I need a structure & discipline.
    please :help:

2. my routine, I do songs durring the day when ever I feel like it and scales every night before I go to bed, circle of 5ths

3. bloodline462

bloodline462

Jul 20, 2006
    Mass
    i try to practice about 2 - 3 hours a day. I'm actually gonna todays practice really soon. i spend 30 mins on lesson material, then i play a few songs i know and try to learn a new one for an hour, then scales for 30 mins, and after all that i just play, solo, improv to a drum machine. i'm gonna start going over theory stuff every night before i go to bed, circle of fifths and that stuff, to get ready for college next year.