Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Practice Tools / Headphone Amp Recommendations

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by spalka621, Nov 21, 2005.

1. spalka621

spalka621

Jul 26, 2005
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I wanted to get a good pedal so that i can plug headphones into it and play through it, and basically I have no idea what to look for, any suggestions.

2. spalka621

spalka621

Jul 26, 2005
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I wanted to get a good pedal so that i can plug headphones into it and play through it, and basically I have no idea what to look for, any suggestions.

3. jerm

jerm

Jul 10, 2005
  4. I know there's a way to do it with digitech X-serie pedals. You have to press and hold down the pedal while putting it on and then, you can plug earphones in it's output. There's also some headphones amps you can buy (much cheaper).

5. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    sounds like you need a headphone amp! there are many choose from, including the really nice top notch Fodera headphone amp and the lesser yet still worthy CIT pocket rocket, which plugs directly into the bass without any additional cables. i dont even know if the pocket rocket is made any longer, i got mine almost 5 years ago. good luck!

6. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    Digitech BP50.........

7. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    Digitech BP50....................

8. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for. If you are looking for a practice tool so you can play your bass silently while others in you home or building don't have to hear you, the Pandora's Box by Korg will do the trick. I have one. It lets me practice while my wife and kids sleep. It also has a built in tuner, drum machine, phase trainer and other effects and amp modelers. I plug my CD player or iPod into it and practice tunes for the band. It can even detune the song to the key your band is playing it without slowing or quickening the tempo of the song. It can clamp to your guitar strap. It is about as big as a typical Boss pedal, but lighter and without as much depth. I love the thing, and it's now cheaper than when I got it when it first came out.

There is another device made by a different company that has a built in CD player in it, although I'm not too familiar with it.

Hope I helped.

9. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

See my reply to your other thread