Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Practicing when you travel

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by kuku, Sep 18, 2002.

1. kuku

kuku

Sep 18, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    Hello everyone-

I am new to this site, and I have a bit of a problem. I was wondering what you all do when you travel?

Also I was wondering if anyone in the NY city area knows where I would be able to rent a bass for a week.

Thanks

Tj

2. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    what i do? i go to a music store and sit there and play all day! hehe.

3. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Do you mean touring or vacation time? If I'm doing a tour, I generally don't play a note unless it's a soundcheck or the performance. I had a bass available to me when I took a three week vacation this summer, and I barely touched it; I ended up swimming, fishing, and BBQing for the most part. When vacation was over, my chops were a little bit down, but my brain was full of new ideas to apply when I got back home. For me, time away from the instrument is as valuable as the time spent playing it.

4. Ive Herd that manny good bassest buy a ticket for there bass to come along next to them on an airplane. A little extreeme if you ask me. Maybe you could Ship it over as a last resort if you cant find a Bass to rent. I would think you willl save at least a buck if you ship ahead of time, most shiping Corporations will hold your package untill you pick it up, at most you will pay a small holding fee. But I am not a Pro, you should ask them.....

Sean