Practicing when you travel

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by kuku, Sep 18, 2002.

1. kuku

Sep 18, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    Hello everyone-

I am new to this site, and I have a bit of a problem. I was wondering what you all do when you travel?

Also I was wondering if anyone in the NY city area knows where I would be able to rent a bass for a week.

2. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    what i do? i go to a music store and sit there and play all day! hehe.
  3. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Do you mean touring or vacation time? If I'm doing a tour, I generally don't play a note unless it's a soundcheck or the performance. I had a bass available to me when I took a three week vacation this summer, and I barely touched it; I ended up swimming, fishing, and BBQing for the most part. When vacation was over, my chops were a little bit down, but my brain was full of new ideas to apply when I got back home. For me, time away from the instrument is as valuable as the time spent playing it.
  4. Ive Herd that manny good bassest buy a ticket for there bass to come along next to them on an airplane. A little extreeme if you ask me. Maybe you could Ship it over as a last resort if you cant find a Bass to rent. I would think you willl save at least a buck if you ship ahead of time, most shiping Corporations will hold your package untill you pick it up, at most you will pay a small holding fee. But I am not a Pro, you should ask them.....