1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Praising the Hartke Transporter 410....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bjabass, Aug 1, 2012.

1. bjabass

bjabass

Jan 10, 2011
    Mountain South
    I played a couple of outdoor gigs last weekend and the weekend before. I had thought I was going to bring both my Hartke 410 transporter cabs but due to space restrictions one stayed home. This was the 1st time in a long time I had one of our guitarists to ask me to turn UP...I just smiled and complied.

I was watching the little cab's 4-10" speakers travel what seemed like a LONG way, but they didn't seem to be in any audible distress so I went with it.

I would have to disagree with the people who dis these cabs....I run the 8 ohm 300 watt cab with an Eden Nemesis RS-400 and have for many years. Never had a problem and I really like the brightness of the full aluminum cones, this from a guy that used a 2-15 cab for years before I got the Hartke.

Just thought I would give some credit to a somewhat maligned old cab.

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Not bad cabs. Just not built as sturdy as other pro cabs. Would love to see a modern version from Hartke with upped (at least 500w) power handling.

3. Aussie Player

Aussie Player

Apr 20, 2011
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Don't say things like this, they are cheap when you can find them. Please leave it be. I did 3 gigs last weekend with mine under a HA3500 head and it was terrific.

As for being not sturdy, why do you think it is called the Transporter? Its easy and light to carry. Just don't let gorilla's cart it.

4. bjabass

bjabass

Jan 10, 2011
    Mountain South
    Ooops...sorry. (I bought my second one a few months ago for $120....):D

5. I had one for a while last year and couldn't bond with it. I was running an older Model 2000 head, with a P and a J, and couldn't get any real low end out of it. Mids and highs were great, overall SPL was more than adequate, just no big boomy lows. FWIW I play country and southern rock (with a fat/thick tone) and maybe I just had the wrong box? BTW, they're still going for $150-ish in this part of the world.

6. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I have a Transporter 2x10 I bought used for $50. Would like to find another for the same. I agree they don't have a ton of low end. Plenty of mids.

7. Here in Austraia theres a what you what call a ''Legacy'' artist Richard Clapton whos been around since the mid 70...recorded Oz classics..etc in 2001 he did a live DVD...and the bass player is using a Transporter 410 paired up with Trace Elliot SMX something or other..sounds fantasctic...heaps of low end punch and clarity i also around that period saw him play live outdoors to a big crowd..used the same rig

Leslie

8. Aussie Player

Aussie Player

Apr 20, 2011
    Wow, Clappers still at it? Good on him. Haven't seen him since the 70's when I played the Bondi Lifesaver on the same gig.

9. Yeah hes still arournd..got a new CD coming out soon from what i can gather

Leslie

Ps the Bondi Lifesaver closed in 1980 i think...so that was a fair while ago..lol

10. Session1969

Session1969

Dec 2, 2010
    Fifty bucks $ LOL ! Nothing like finding a cab that's just barely more than a pack of strings !

11. caddywumpus

caddywumpus

Sep 27, 2012
    Portland, OR
    I just had to buy one because it was cheap and sounded...um...."horrible" to me. Yeah, that's the ticket. And, um, it sounds awful when you crank the volume, because it....um...."can't handle" volume because it's such a....ahem.....piece of crap. That's why I had to twist my own arm to buy one. I would strongly recommend that nobody else buys them (so I can buy another one as cheap as my first one...) [/sarcasm]