Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Prakash John....?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by zoombass, Jun 27, 2001.

1. zoombass

zoombass

Jul 31, 2000
    Liverpool, UK
    Prakash John played bass with Lou Reed in the mid '70's & shortly afterwards signed up with Alice Cooper.
    Of the few albums I've kept moving with me over the last 20 years, one is Reed's live NYC recording 'Rock 'n'
    Roll Animal' . Prakash John played some great bass in a fine rhythm section on this cut.
    For a while now I've been trying to track his whereabouts with little success, I don't even know whether he
    is still playing, or if indeed he is still alive.
    If anyone could fill in the gaps (of which there are many...) I'd be very grateful.....

2. slam

slam Guest

Mar 22, 2000
    Virginia
    Prakash John is also mentioned in the 4 cd P-Funk Live set as having played with P-Funk at some point.

3. anandos

anandos

Sep 22, 2007
    Hi,
    Check for him on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prakash_John
    He's in Toronto and playing with his son Jordan - small trio and quartet gigs, and bigger things with the Lincolns, his heavyweight R&B band. It's like a rhythm freight train and his playing is still virtuosic.
    Check Jordan's myspace (jordanpjohn) for a schedule; most of Jordan's solo gigs feature his father on bass.