Prank call leads to strip searches

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by khay0s, Apr 15, 2004.

1. This article highlights how obedient people really are. It has been wondered with many Psychological studies on obedience and conformity whether the high levels of both would exist in a true-life situation. Guess this answers that question. I will warn in advance that this is perhaps not the nicest example of obedience and I apologise if it offends any readers.

and for more examples of the same stunt:

As much as it may be a rare 'prank', it is something that people should be aware of. You may not ever be put in a situation quite like this one, but it makes sense to always be mindful of what true authority or knowledge people may have. Question everything.

2. Wow, that really rather pathetic...I hope someone i know wasn't involved in that, I know alot of people in west bridgewater mass.
  3. ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    " Those who are deceivers will always find those who are willing to be deceived." ;)
  4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Wow. If a manager said that to me: "Hey, I know you make less money than, well, everyone but the unemployed, but now were going to strip search you too." -they'd be able to arrest me for assault. Sheeple. :rolleyes:
  5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I was at a Tool concert where the singer said to everybody, "Repeat after me. 'Think for yourself. Question authority. Think for yourself. Question authority....'"

Sadly, he got everybody in the audience chanting this mantra. These people just didn't get it. :rolleyes: There are dumb people everywhere, and it's sad that others exploit that in any way.
  6. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    He did that when I saw them too. The guy next to me was yelling "show your t*** " the whole time.
  7. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

Maybe it's time for everyone to take Steve Martin's "Nonconformist Oath."

I promise to be different!
    I promise to be unique!
    I promise not to repeat things other people say!
  8. ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    You hear about this kind of thing all the time. What I find disturbing is this: For the the last 35 years or so, the whole "non-conformity" idea has been forged into almost every generation that has come up since the late 60's--Hippies, Punks, New-wavers with blue hair, Metalheads, Neo-punks, Hip-Hoppers, etc. BUT--as the years go by, it seems that more and more, everyone becomes more sheep like. Doing what they are told because it's become easier to let someone else do your thinking for you. Pure mental laziness.

" Be unique. Just like everyone else. "
  9. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    You can't define yourself as a non-conformist by just saying it then, it has to be implied by action(s) you have or have not taken in the context of a given situation.
  10. Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    It's not just that people are sheep like..they just don't think. Few years back, I was in Winchester, England, with some friends. Just for the hell of it, we started asking people on the street where is the British (??!!!) Embassy. Everyone was very kind, and pointed us in all sorts of directions...

Needless to say, there is no British Embassy in Britain....
  11. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Non-conformists don't not get strip searched. Non-Conformists hold out for the cute cop to do it.
  12. ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    I see you typed "strip search" but you REALLY meant " full cavity search" didn't you??? :D
  13. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Only if she's REALLY cute. You only do so much on a first date, man.
  14. The Urbs

The Urbs

Feb 23, 2004
    Do what Henry David Thoreau did and DOTN PAY TAXES!!!!