1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Prasanna's technique:Sitar/Veena style slides

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by faiz0802, Mar 29, 2009.

1. faiz0802

faiz0802

Mar 24, 2009
    London, UK
    If you have heard music made a a certain someone called Prasanna, you will know that he is a guitarist who incorpoates Indian scales(ragas) and fuses them with Jazz. Ver interesting concept. There are quito a few ragas in Indian classical music that do not make use of accidentals so I know I'm not working towards a lost cause.

My only question is this: Does anyone here have any idea about the technique involved, or have any links o resources which would end my curiousity about this sliding technique. I have been working on a piece using sliding and have gotten fairly satisfactory results, but I'm still sure there are resources out there which would clear up a lot of thing in my head. Knowledge is power anywho right?

If anyone can point me in the right direction, please do.

2. I'd love some info on this too.

3. faiz0802

faiz0802

Mar 24, 2009
    London, UK
    CORRECTION: There are quito a few ragas in Indian classical music that do not make use of tritones.

Another thing, any links to veena/sitar technique would work too. I'll just apply them on the bass.

Thanks.

4. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    there's clips of him with omar hakim and anthony jackson on youtube too if I remember correctly.

5. Do you mean microtones? A tritone is just a diminished fifth/augmented fourth.

6. faiz0802

faiz0802

Mar 24, 2009
    London, UK
    Oops. I made a typo on a typo. Yes. I meant microtones. Was playing while typing all that. Still am. Seems like I was more into the bass than the keyboard.:smug:

Mr Bhagiti, Thank you!!