SOLD Prat 5-string Bass*Major Price Drop $1200.00 Shipped ConUS*

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by FenderCharles, Jun 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. FenderCharles

FenderCharles Gold Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Raleigh North Carolina
    Price:
    $1200.00
    Strings:
    This bass is in excellent condition, I'm only selling to fund a STR Bass that has become available to me. It will be shipped in a gig bag and packed well for the ride. The price is firm and set low for quick sale. The only trade I'm interested in at this time is a Fender American jazz deluxe 2006 or newer plus a little cash on your end or a 5 string Roscoe or a Low End LEJ 5 plus cash on my end.Specs below:
    34 inch scale
    Ash body (gloss finish)
    Ash neck (satin finish)
    Narra wood matched top (gloss)
    Narra headstock veneer (gloss)
    Wenge fingerboard with blocks
    Padauk layer between neck and fingerboard
    Hipshot tuners and bridge
    Nordstrand Hum canceling pups
    Noll 4 band preamp
    Volume/tone
    Blend
    Bass/treble
    Low mid/ high mid
    19mm spacing
    custom wood knobs
    Neck is super fast and comfy
    Weighs around 9 lb downloadfile-16.jpg downloadfile-24.jpg downloadfile-17.jpg

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  2. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Great guy to deal with here Folks..

FenderCharles likes this.
  3. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Love the look of this bass!

4. Bassworship1

Bassworship1 Inactive

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    PM sent

5. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    Director of Commercial Sales - Neural DSP
    Dude, GRAB THAT BABY. So here's the deal with the newer Prat basses. Oscar is an AMAZINGLY talented luthier. He is first and foremost VERY careful about woods selections, and what not everybody knows is that he has been working closely with Mike Tobias for years... he uses Mike's woods suppliers, and Mike has basically mentored him for the last 3 years. His basses have gone from being very good to AMAZING in that time. This is an instrument built to a level of quality that, should you slap someone else's name on it, it would sell for $3500 +

That being said, this particular bass (woods and electronics) is very "neutral" sounding. It sounds and plays like a boutique J-Bass, which is what it's meant to sound like. For example, I have an MTD Saratoga / 535 hybrid which has a very light Swamp Ash body and a Wenge neck and board. It is a very lo-midrangey, grindy bass. I also have my Prat 5 (which is strung F#-D) which is Hard Ash and Maple neck & Board, which is much more even across the range but still very bassy and very "tight" in the lo-bass region. The one you're looking at is very "vanilla"... if you recorded this bass straight into protools alongside a Sadowsky Jazz or a Lakland Jazz... they would sound very similar. But the Prat is built better than either of those and, well... LOOK AT IT... it's beautiful.

Scoop it dude you won't regret it! This is a bass that might even go UP in value, as every year Oscar gets more and more popular...

FenderCharles likes this.
  6. ^^^ best review ever

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2022