SOLD Prat M-BSV 5 string, Gallery Grade Koa Special Drop

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Socratesis, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Socratesis

Socratesis Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Price:
    $2100
    Strings:
    Alright, this is my weekend "I need some ground effects for my Vette" sale...down from $2400 (already a great price) to $2100 shipped!!! Help me, Help you..
    :)
    Let me just say, I am a Prat fan, in my experience, the quality, playability, and stability of them set them apart in a way that their price point does not represent. A combination dear to my heart. I had been looking for a 33 scale bass to test, and I spotted this one on the forum. It was not for sale. With some research I found out who had it. It is a beautiful instrument and I was lucky enough to pry it out it's owners hands. It is in immaculate condition, I included a picture of the only mark i noticed (very shallow), on the lower bout of the back of the bass. The Wenge neck is beautiful, and you'll see in the pic, a thick slab. Like all the Prat's i've owned, the neck is dead straight and plays easily. The Nordy's and Knoll 4 band pre is a good combo.
    This was put under the bed as a 'keeper'! But...
    I have been sitting on too many of my 'favorite' basses, I wanted them all... And as this site always proves, I'm not the only one...
    But, Priorities are shifting, I am going to let go of a few 'under the beds' if you know what I mean...
    I think I'm pricing this $100 below what I paid, I'm not sure, maybe the owner lowered it to this price for me... Memory.... $2400 plus shipping.
    PRICE DROP $2300 Shipped! Down to $2100 shipped

Specs:
    Prat M-BSV 5 string
    33" scale
    28 frets
    B-G
    16-17mm spacing (adjustable)
    Nordy DCs under the ramp
    Noll 4 band pre
    Super light weight ash body (7lbs)
    Gallery grade Koa top
    One piece quartersawn maple neck with Wenge fretboard
    Hawaiian island inlay
    Hipshot hardware

DSC00470.jpg DSC00485.jpg DSC00476.jpg DSC00451.jpg DSC00472.jpg DSC00473.jpg DSC00482.jpg DSC00485.jpg DSC00488.jpg DSC00490.jpg DSC00492.jpg DSC07827.jpg DSC07820.jpg DSC07838.jpg DSC07848.jpg DSC07849.jpg

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  2. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    That looks like the lowest action I've ever seen.... :wideyed:

Thumpy Fenda 5, Dug2 and Socratesis like this.
  3. Socratesis

Nov 6, 2014
    :roflmao::thumbsup: Low action has been my preference since I started... it’s why I tend to fixate on necks... they need to be stable and flat (to the eye)... :)

songwriter21 likes this.
  4. mojojim

mojojim Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Gorgeous bass. I have a blue M-BSV 5 string with a radiused fingerboard.

Do you think playing chords on this bass's flat fingerboard is easier or more difficult than playing chords on one of your other basses? (I'm very much into playing chords on my bass; so I'm looking for the easiest bass on which I can do this without hurting my hands. :) )

My bass is strung from E-C. The octave C +- one note on the C string does ring out like the other notes. How is your highest string? Does it play well at the octave etc.?

Good luck with the sale!

Socratesis likes this.
  5. Socratesis

Nov 6, 2014
    Sorry for not responding quicker, I have been in Santa Fe for a conference since thursday night, will be back on Monday... But, Thanks mojojim. I have 3 prat' with flat finger boards and two which are radiused. I play with my action low, so I think..., unless I'm bending a string, I don't notice any difference when playing chords. I think with your question on the octave, I don't want to give you any misinformation, because I am not home to test it for you. BUT, I haven't had any problem with the high C, though I do have light strings on this bass. I put them on there to have fun with the 33' scale... It's all about feeding the soul:thumbsup::roflmao:. Maybe I'm spending too many days in Santa Fe...:D

mojojim likes this.
  6. kotzman

kotzman

Feb 12, 2007
    Santa Fe, NM
    Gorgeous bass! PM sent...

Socratesis likes this.
  7. Socratesis

Nov 6, 2014
    Responded!

8. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    I'm the original owner of this bass. I handpicked the top and it was very expensive and difficult to find. I wanted it to look like a Kamaka Ukelele.

Socratesis likes this.
  9. Socratesis

Nov 6, 2014
    Thanks for that lowendmafia, it was a good wood choice....

10. lucasfgonzalez

lucasfgonzalez

Jul 4, 2013
    any chance to remove the ramp ?

11. Socratesis

Nov 6, 2014
    It's actually a pick up cover, not a ramp. Never taken it off...

12. maxximusic

maxximusic Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Beautiful bass... I'm dying here

Socratesis likes this.
  13. Socratesis

Nov 6, 2014
    Thanks maxximusic...

14. Socratesis

Nov 6, 2014
    Alright, this is my weekend "I need some ground effects for my Vette" sale...down from $2400 (already a great price) to $2100 shipped!!! Help me, Help you..
    :)

15. Socratesis

Nov 6, 2014
    This is definitely priced too low, but I'm on a mission!

16. maxximusic

maxximusic Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Would you accept a kid or a dog as part of payment? I'm losing my mind over your bass!!!!
    in all seriousness, is it strung E~C or B~G?

Socratesis likes this.
  17. Socratesis

Nov 6, 2014
    Too funny!!!!:roflmao: B through G! It’s a beautiful, tight bass, at a crazy price....

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  18. Socratesis

Nov 6, 2014
    Still available... $2100

19. Wonder how the 33" scale would handle swapping the nut out to string it B-G...Hmmmm :smug:
    Gorgeous bass!

Socratesis likes this.
  20. Socratesis

Nov 6, 2014
    Wow... Alright, I made a big boo boo up there... This bass is strung as it originally was, B to G... I made a mistake and said E to C, and never reread it...:roflmao: I just fixed it...

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022