SOLD Prat Original II single cut six black limba PRICE DROP

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by FilCo, Jun 14, 2016.

1. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Price:
    $2500
    Strings:
    Hey everyone. This listing is for my Prat Original II six string bass. This is a recent build, featuring a two piece black limba body with a five piece curly maple/wenge neck and ebony fingerboard. The pickups are Nordstrand, with a Noll preamp, and Hipshot hardware all around. The scale length is 34', and string spacing is 18mm on a flat radius fingerboard. It weighs in at just 8 pounds 14 ounces.

This instrument epitomizes subtle beauty. The grain of the black limba body is well defined, the curly maple neck has heavy flame and great details, the ebony board is jet black and has jewel-like abalone fret markers. This bass is very easy to look at. And thanks to the comfortable body and flat fretboard, it is very easy to play as well. It sounds wonderful, with a wide range of tones present, and the B string is just right. Frankly, I love this bass. I was impressed enough that I am having Mr. Prat build one or two for me that are more on the flamboyant side.

$2500, shipped, obo. Comes with a leather Levys gig bag. I always consider trade offers if you want to make one. Please message me with any offer, or any questions you might have. Thanks!

PRICE DROP TO $2350

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  2. ThatLowEnd

ThatLowEnd Dirt, Trucks, BBQ, Whiskey Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Down In The Delta
    Has been/Never was
    pm'd

3. SodaCity bass

SodaCity bass Proudly endorsing Dingwall

Aug 4, 2011
    Blythewood, SC
    I commissioned this bass, and it really was one of the best Prat basses I've owned. Very light, great tone and an easy player. Whoever gets this bass will be very happy with it.

FilCo likes this.
  4. eottjake

eottjake

Jan 30, 2009
    Vandalia, Ohio
    As someone with a commissioned Prat in progress, what led you to giving it up?

5. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    I commissioned 2 more Prats with more flamboyant looking woods and specs.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  6. eottjake

eottjake

Jan 30, 2009
    Vandalia, Ohio
    Haha ok that's good to hear

7. eottjake

eottjake

Jan 30, 2009
    Vandalia, Ohio
    Good luck with the sale!

8. Kapellas

Kapellas

Dec 2, 2010
    Flint, Mi
    Wow this bass is beautiful, if I had anything more than just a Fender american jazz to trade I would in a heart beat. Being in music school gives you no money for GAS. :/

9. SodaCity bass

SodaCity bass Proudly endorsing Dingwall

Aug 4, 2011
    Blythewood, SC
    Some pics of the build

Attached Files:

10. cdbrewer99

cdbrewer99 Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Colorado
    Which preamp is that? What's knob configuration?

11. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    It is a Noll preamp. I believe it is a TCM model with an added tone control. So, the knobs are Volume/Blend/Tone on the top row, then Treble/Stacked Mid Freq and Mid Boost & Cut/Bass. The tone knob is push/pull for active/passive.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  12. bass10bfb

bass10bfb Prophet Low End Provider Gold Supporting Member

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    WOW!!! This bass is a beauty!!! Man is it tempting too!!!!

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022