Pray for TB'ers in FL - again...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Hambone, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Looks like the East Coast and Central FL have been hit pretty hard in exactly the same spot as Frances. My news reports are talking about 2 million people out of power.

Orlando Mayor said that 75% of the cleanup had been accomplished from the last one when this came through.
  2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Best Wishes on all counts Florida.
  3. cosmodrome

cosmodrome Registered User

Apr 30, 2004
    ****town, Netherlands
    good luck florida. hang in there.
  4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Its starting up over here but its not too bad yet. Thanks.
  5. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    over at tampa, it was about frances-level, so it wasn't too bad.
  6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    The last few hurricanes, i could sympathize...

But with this one, I cant.

Like, come on. Florida must have done something to deserve all this, right?
  7. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Hope everyone made it out ok.
  8. loismustdie

Jun 4, 2004
    hey guys, i live in bradenton(just south of tampa) and i got lucky, it missed us, but a couple trees are knocked over here and there, but everyones alright. :)
  9. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    it's because we live in a state that looks like a unit.
  10. josh_m

May 5, 2004
    Davie, Fl
    Luckily it missed us down here, we had probably 40-50mph sustained for a couple hours and a lot of rain but thats it.

Now we are being punished in the Dolphins game. :rollno:
  11. Hope everything goes well for you guys.

And start thinking about up here in the Northwest, too. An eruption possiblilty alert was just given today for Mt. St. Helens!!:eek:

For the last 3 days it's has been shaking like crazy, about 3 earthquakes a minute, mostly under a 2, but still enough to get everyone's attention. Tomorrow I will post a link to the seismic data website, so you can see it for yourselves. Belive me, it's incredible!!

Rock on
  12. Okay, here it is. One this page you have to go down to the monitoring station named SEP EHZ UW, which is about 10 sections down. It's set up by date every 12 hours, and if you look at the last few days, you can see that it's REALLY jumping.

Thanks to Bush, the USGS has had a big part of it's funding cut. This means that they haven't been able to monitor the mountain as closley as they could have been. They are waiting for the cloud cover to go away so they can fly methan and sulfur-dioxide detectors up there to see if this is just heat exchange or (my hopes are up) magma moving in the mountain.

Whee!! I missed the last one by 3 years. I want to see this one!!

Oh yeah, you may have to load the page a couple of times for it to come up right. I guess a LOT of people are looking at it right now. Gee, I wonder why?:rolleyes:

Rock on
  13. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    it's the end of the world :(
  14. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    Best of Luck Florida along w/Mt.Saint Helens area. It makes me glad i live in Indiana-bout the worst we get are occasional tornadoes and some snow storms/ice storms. With that being said-it's been a good 10 years or more since our last major ice storm that i can remember. ::knocks on wood:: Best wishes to all in harms way.

15. Ever heard of the New Madrid Quake? Happened back in the early part of the the 19th century in Western Tennesse. 8.1 (approx) on the Richter scale. Literaly made the Mississippi flow backwards. Broke open HUGE cracks in the ground, killed a whole lot of people, and even swallowed one entire town.

You area would have felt something along the lines of 7.0 to 7.2. Enough to knock over buildings and freeways, that's fer darn sure.

Rock on
  16. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    And yet, I still just want a cheeseburger.

A cheeseburger of Endtimes.

Oh, joy.
  17. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Just got home. Rode the storm out in Sarasota, we got some 50 mph-ish winds for a while yesterday, power went out for about 15 minutes, few branches and shingles down.

Things were a bit tougher here in Orlando, had some hurricane-force winds for a few hours from what I've heard, and some areas still don't have electricity. My place is fine, as is work (BC was open and operating today, but I couldn't get home until tonight due to the storm and a damaged tire that took most of the day to get fixed :p ).

The east coast of the state got hammered, yet again. Brad & Brendan, I hope your families are ok!!!
  18. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Well, since there was nothing else to do and tons of beer in the fridge, my friends in central FL did the same thing. ;)

Actually I heard that though the storm hit them pretty hard there wasnt too much damage.
  19. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    My folks are doing fine. Power and internet, but no phones yet. Which, considering during Frances we didn't get power for like, 9 days, I'd say things are freakin' spiffy down south.
  20. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...well, the reason that the damage in Central FL wasn't so bad, and that the power & etc in Port Saint Lousy (home of the newlywed and the nearly dead ;) ) is already back up is because the first three hurricanes this season already knocked down the weak trees and power poles!

Hope everyone else here in Flaw-i-duh is ok....anyone heard from Rumblejohn?