1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Prayers and Thoughts for Our Troops!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Foamy, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    Pacman's thread that he is leaving has got me thinking that we really need to let our troops know how much we support them.
    I'd like us to add our thoughts and prayers for them here.

For me, they are in my prayers every day. I do not have any relatives there, but I do have a few acquaintances overseas. They are in Iraq, Afghanistan, and in other peace-keeping efforts in Europe and Africa.

My dad did 20 years in the Navy, 6 of it on a diesel-electric sub. After touring one of its sister subs in Oregon, I had a whole new level of love and respect for what my dad did.

I want to say that I appreciate the sacrifices that they and their families make for us.

Thank you, armed forces, and God Bless you!!

2. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Ditto....Amen.

3. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    God Bless them all.

4. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    God bless them all,....and PLEASE, let's not let this thread get political.

5. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Yes, God bless all you soldiers over there. Especially the ones that I know (a lot of guys from Fort Carson) and all of you that I love (a good chunk of my relatives are in the military, and they have been over there at least once or twice).

6. Regardless of anyone's political view, I think we all want our soldiers to come home safely, whenever that may be.

Indeed, they're in my prayers.

7. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Let's pray to God to keep the troops safe, otherwise he wouldn't know that he should do it.

Anyway, it REALLY sucks that they have to be there. The holidays are coming again, and it's just so sad that those people have to be in some foreign land full of people who hate them for something that is not their fault instead of being at home with their friends and family.

I have 4 friends in the military, so it sucks. =/

8. I've always wanted nothing but the best for the troops- and now even moreso as a kid I know is there in the Marine Corps.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 21, 2021