Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pre amp Battery?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jsbassist, Apr 20, 2002.

1. I'v been playing bass about 8 Months, and Today I stated playing, and it sounded distorted, and really quite, like it had no power. I was told when ur pre amp battery dies, your bass dies too, so u need to replace the battery. Is this what it sounds like when the battery dies? I hope its not My amp.

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Switch your battery for a new one and you will know for sure. After running eight months on the original battery, it wouldn't surprise me if the solution to your problem lies right there.

3. erik II

erik II

Jul 11, 2000
    Oslo, Norway
    That pretty much describes how my bass sounded when the preamp battery died for the first time... Been replacing it regularly since to be on the safe side :).

4. Thanks guys, it scared me at first. I though something was wrong with my new amp I got a few months ago. I'll have to get some batteries.:)

5. I replace my battery every two months just to be on the safe side. It's cheap insurance.

6. It can't hurt the bass or anything can it, because I play it for a while trying to find out what it was then it hit me, My pre amp Battery. So can it hurt it?