Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pre Amp Decision

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by spalka621, Jan 13, 2006.

1. spalka621

spalka621

Jul 26, 2005
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I reciently purchased a behringer power amp for my bands pa. I was also thinking about using it for my bass rig but dont really know anything about pre amps and wanted some help. I was looking for a pre amp that has a large variety of sounds and is relitavly cheep like around 300$. i am running 2 gk backline cabs if that helps. Sorry for the broad question but i really have absolutly no ida where to start. Thank you for any help you can give me.

2. Peg_legs

Peg_legs

Nov 19, 2005
    Huntsville, AL
    BBE and the Tech 21 RBI can be had for that price new. I use the RBI and can definitely recommend it. The BBE gets favorable reviews too. What sort of tone are you after? I went with the RBI hoping it would magically turn me into Geddy Lee, or at least get me closer to his tone:D

3. The BBE Bmax is good for a fast clean tone and the Sansamp RBI is good for a fat tone. I think the RBI is more versitile tonewise.

If you really want a deal check the used market for a Yamaha PB-1.

4. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    +1 RBI

5. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE RULES AROUND HERE SO...