Pre amp out from SM900?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ruptured, May 18, 2003.

1. Ruptured

May 14, 2003
    I want to take a preamp out from my SM900 to a seperate poweramp,while still having the SM900 power it's own cab.

What's the best way to do this?

If I take a line from the effects send,will the SWR still work as per normal?

Or can I take a signal from each crossover jack and combine them with a y cable or Y box,then to the poweramp?

2. Ruptured

May 14, 2003
  3. After reading the manual, I don't see why tapping the effects send shouldn't work. If, and I'm not sure this will happen, the amp section shuts down or receives no input when you plug into the effects send, use a 1/4" male to male Y adaptor. Send one side of the Y to the extra power amp and the other side to the Effects return. This may be necessary do to the fact that this unit uses an effects blend. Hope this helps.
  4. Ruptured

May 14, 2003

Is taking a signal from each crossover jack a no no?

Will the XLR DI out have a hot enough signal for a poweramp,considering that normally the di signal is taken to the board with a mixer preamp to boost the signal??
  5. mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Running a cable from the SM-900's Effects Send to the second power amp will work fine... just make sure that the Effects Blend control is turned all the way up (since the SM-900 has a parallel effects loops, if I recall).